AOW Attendance Policy
- Parents must call the attendance phone line at (586) 552-8010, before 10:30 a.m. if their student will be absent from school. The parent should state the student’s full name, grade, and the reason for absence.
- Being tardy Three (3) times will equal one (1) unexcused absence.
- Students who arrive after 11:30 a.m. and /or leave school before 2:00 p.m. will receive a ½ day absence on their attendance record.
The following actions will occur after the number of absences occur. Number of absences are per semester.
- Three (3) Absences: Parent letter/Phone Call
- Five (5) Absences: Parent letter & parent meeting
- Seven (7) Absences: Certified parent letter and parent meeting (including signing of Attendance Contract)
- Nine (9) Absences: Loss of credit/retention, contact appropriate government agency, and/or removal from school enrollment