Parent Advisory Board
Parent Advisory Board (PAB) A Parent Advisory Board exists to provide a place for parents and community members to share their feedback and ideas to the school leaders. It is the role of the school leaders to provide parents with our School Improvement Plan (SIP), and take time to discuss the SIP and the timelines for accomplishing the goals from the SIP. As the school year progresses and different parts of the SIP are implemented, parents will assume additional responsibilities for supporting their AOW students and school. Parents also will be asked to agree in writing to play a role in making sure their children succeed in school.
Who is the PAB?
It is a group of parents, caregivers, community members who:
- Provide a means of communication between parents and teachers, including School Improvement Plan, Perception Surveys and Suggestions.
- Provide realistic opportunities with strategies for parents to be involved in their child's education and school activities.
- Form committees to tackle big projects, such as Playground Renovation, Fundraising and Grant research.
- Financially support school activities and projects by working through fundraisers to pay for class field trips.
- Show support to staff by providing teachers with catered lunches or dinners during Parent Teacher Conferences.
The PAB also helps to provide small gifts to staff during Teacher Appreciation Week.
PAB helps sponsor big projects to enhance the school, provides a way for you to fulfill your volunteer commitments through Community Gardens, Fitness Trails or helping with landscaping the school grounds.
Parent Support is Important at Academy of Warren K-8 School! You are a vital part of your child’s and our school’s success. Please contact us at (586) 552-8010 about volunteering your smiles, times and support.
Our Committed AOW Parents Help Lift Students to the Next Level of Success !